ELIT Srl designs and manufactures 400Hz static frequency converters since 1987. To complete the airfield range of products are available 28Vdc and 270Vdc power supplies, constant current regulating units (CCR) for ground lighting and control systems for commercial and military airports. All the equipment is distinguished by the use of technologically advanced components, reliability, and ease of maintenance.
400Hz Static Frequency Converter 120-500kVA FC400
The unit converts the input voltage at 50 / 60Hz to an output voltage (galvanically isolated from the input) at 400Hz; The output voltage is stabilized in voltage, frequency with quartz and low harmonic voltage.
The magnitude of the rectifier depends on the harmonic current that the network (THDi) is able to withstand: For strong networks (> 10Pn) THDi can be 25%, while for medium or weak networks THDi must be 10% up to 3%. The full-load cosphi varies from 0.95 to 0.98 depending on the chosen input magnetic configuration. The PWM modulated IGBT inverter supplies the voltage adaptation transformer, its output is fitted with a filter to contain the distortion within 2%
- Galvanic input / output isolation
- Three-phase input voltage without neutral.
- High performance.
- High overload capacity.
- Analyzer with 128×112 pixel graphic LCD, touchscreen, harmonic analysis.
- Automatic voltage compensation (DLC) optional.
- Remote Point of Reaction (POR) (optional).
- Interlock with bypass option (optional).
- Remote control (optional).
- Emergency Power Off.
- UPS mode with battery (optional).
- 28Vcc additional module (optional).
- Power history (optional).
- RS485, RS232, SNMP and I / O communication interface (optional).
The converter is equipped with a backlit liquid crystal display, optional touch screen. The display is divided into four menus, accessible with the corresponding function keys. Additional LCD are available for additional outputs.
The main measures are:
voltage (phase voltage, phase-to-neutral and neutral ground), main voltage (only for DC power supply), phase current, neutral current calculated and real power (active, reactive and apparent phase and total) P.F. (Power factor of each phase and total), Cosphì of each phase and total frequency (frequency measurement of the voltage measured), asymmetry of voltage and current, total harmonic distortion (THD) of voltages and currents, analysis of voltage and current up to the 63rd harmonic function max. (HIGH) and the min. (LOW) for the acquisition and storage of the instantaneous values of voltage, current, power, PF, Con. and frequency averaging function peak values (maximum demand) power and current flow direction of the power harmonics energy meters for active, reactive, apparent (partial and total functions with programmable tariff) counter (total and partial programmable) texts in 5 languages (Italian, English, French, Spanish and Portuguese).
accuracy for IEC / EN 50470-3 (MID Class B).
– mains presence
– converter running
The static frequency converters F400 are provided with the following protections and controls:
- Input switch isolator with door lock
- Output switch isolator (optional output contactor)
- START / STOP converter buttons
- ON / OFF output buttons (optional)
- Local or Remote control selector (optional)
- ON / BYPASS interlock selector (optional)
- Voltage drop compensation max 8% (optional)
- LCD touchscreen display (optional)
- Remote command ON / OFF converter (optional)
- Optional interfaces SNMP, RS485, RS232, USB
MIL STD 704F: Aircraft Electric Power Characteristics
ISO 6858: Ground support electrical supplies.
EN 2282: Characteristics of aircraft electrical supplies –General requirements
EN 61000-6-2: Electromagnetic compatibility. Emission.
EN 61000-6-4: Electromagnetic compatibility. Immunity.
EN 13849-1: Safety of machinery – Safety-related parts of control systems.
DFS400 Specification for 400 Hz aircraft power
BS 2G 219: General requirements for ground support equipment.
SAE ARP 5015: Ground equipment 400 Hz ground power performance requirement.
Custom configurations and features are provided on request:
- Version with anti-vibration and/or customized dimensions,
- Mobile on trolley, under-bridge mounting and shelter versions,
- PCB tropicalization treatment,
- Additional 400Hz outputs,
- Additional power module 28Vdc 200-400-600-800A,
- Customized voltages and frequencies.